Get in touch to send in cinephile news and discoveries
As our team heads to France this week to bring you coverage of the Cannes Film Festival—and our Rushes goes on pause for a week or two—here are the latest trailers of the selection that have been released:
- An utterly delightful peek at Bruno Dumont's musical Jeannette: The Childhood of Joan of Arc.
- American indie directors Josh and Bennie Safdie get a big upgrade to the spotlight of the Competition in Cannes with Good Time, co-starring Robert Pattinson.
- The trailer for one of two Hong Sang-soo films at the festival, the Competition-selection The Day After...
- ...and the second Hong film, in Special Screenings and co-starring Isabelle Huppert, Claire's Camera. An obvious shoo-in for the Palm Dog award!
- Agnès Varda and JR's Visages Villages, screening Out of Competition.
- Jacques Doillon's Rodin, starring Vincent Lindon, in Competition.
- Mathieu Amalric's Barbara, co-starring Jeanne Balibar, which opens the Un Certain Regard section.
- Naomi Kawase's Radiance, in Competition.
- Léa Mysius's Ava, which is showing in Critics' Week.
- François Ozon's L'amant double, in Competition.
- Michel Hazanavicius's why-did-they-make-that-film on Anne Wiazemsky and Jean-Luc Godard, Redoubtable, starring Louis Garrel as Godard. (It is worth noting that Louis's father, Phillip, has a new film showing in Directors' Fortnight, Lover for a Day.)